Sciencegranny’s “Get well, stay well” soup:
With the flu season upon us and so many young adults dying due to the secondary infections brought on by the illness…I thought I would share my “get well” soup recipe. It is basically my base for all soups, with a modification for anyone who is feeling sick.
Here it is…use all fresh ingredients if possible
*One or two cans of organic chicken broth
*one can of Rotel tomatoes
*one white onion – chopped
*4-8 cloves of garlic – chopped
*one bundle of fresh cilantro, chopped very fine
add spices to taste
* 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped ginger root
* add cumin – at least 1 Tsp
* Turmeric (anti-inflammatory) – 1 Tsp
* cayenne pepper – 1/2 tsp
* add enough water to bring fluid in a large pot to 3/4 level
* add bouillon cubes if need more salt
* Italian seasoning and basil also help with flavor if you are sick
Don’t forget to drink lots of fluids! Good luck.
Everyone, please stay well. I also take one tablet of zinc (40-50 mg) each day to help my immune system.